Our play area was due to open on Saturday 4th July but sadly we have had to delay this due to the amount of broken glass that has been deliberately shattered all over these play facilities.
A professional cleaning company will be attending on Monday to clean this area to a safe standard at which time we will be opening for the children that have missed this facility for such a long time.
Please be kind – Everyone deserves to play safely
Ahead of our play areas opening we have been given guidance to follow to ensure everyone that wishes to use them stays safe. The guidance follows the Government advice and also The Association of Play Industries (API) recommendations.
Everyone deserves the chance to play safely and we ask for your co-operation with the following:
• The maximum number of users will be 10 within The Green play area and 20 within the Bearsted Woodland Trust play area.
• 1 family member to accompany 1 child
• Please retain 1m distance from other users e.g. pushing swings
• To enable as many children as possible to use the equipment please limit use to 30 minutes during busy periods.
• Use of hand sanitiser gel or wipes is advised when using the equipment
• When using equipment do not touch face
• Consumption of food and drink within play areas is not permitted
• Please use bins provided or take litter home
It is with pleasure that we announce that Erin Sugden has been appointed Clerk to Bearsted Parish Council.
Erin has worked for the Council for a number of years and is keen to continue to work with residents to protect and enhance our village environment and wellbeing.
We are pleased that Erin has accepted this appointment and know she will continue to contribute much to the community.