Do I need Permission?

The government have recently set up a website that covers all areas of planning.  Included on the website is an ‘interactive’ house detailing which aspects of residential development needs permission etc.

To access this information log on to – select the useful tools page and click on householders guide.  This will then open up the house.  Drag your mouse over the area of development you are interested in and it will detail what permission is required, if any.

Planning Application Consultations – New process from March 2024

From March 2024 the way the Bearsted Parish Council review local planning applications will change.

Monthly Planning meetings will no longer take place.

Applications will be reviewed by Councillors and referred to Full Council if it is felt BPC need to submit a comment.

As a resident if you are concerned about a Planning Application you can comment directly to Maidstone Borough Council.

If you would like advice or support from BPC, please contact the office.


If you are interested in any planning applications within Bearsted you can access the details on the Maidstone Borough Council Website:

Maidstone Planning Applications

You will need to search using the application reference number, address or postcode.

If you need any support please contact Bearsted Parish Council and we will be happy to advise.